Cherry

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First day of school

Today was Brynley's first day of preschool (P3).  I'm not exagerrating when I say that she has been looking forward to this for a year.  She has been so excited to go to school; however, she was not too thrilled a few months ago when she found out that I don't actually STAY there with her! 

I dropped her off in Mrs. Weber's classroom today and a few tears were shed (hers).  I left, but lingered just a moment in the hallway until I couldn't here her cry anymore.  Then I asked one of the Dads standing near the door if Brynley had stopped crying and he said yes.  So, this self-admitted, over-protective mother went out to her and cried! 

I came home, put Roman down for a nap, and realized that I had some time to myself!  What in the world is that?!?!  I set about cleaning the house and puttering around on different projects.  Two hours flew by and Roman woke up.  He played for about 30 minutes and it was time to go pick Bryn up.

She was so excited to see me, but she wanted to stay at school!  She ran around with some of the kids outside while the moms took pictures.  (Later, Bryn told her Daddy, "I just run around with the boys!"...oh boy...).

Upon climbing into the van, Brynley told her baby brother, "I had fun at school, Roman!  But I missed you!"  Very sweet.  She said they had story time, colored a dinosaur, ate snack, played...and I think she may have gotten in trouble for not putting toys away when she was asked.  :/

After lunch and nap, both kids woke early due to a loud thunderstorm outside.  For the rest of the day, B was kind of a terror.  No...not kind of...she was!  Pushing and hitting her brother, hitting me when I tried to put her on time out.  I'm not sure if it was just the change in routine or what, but I hope it isn't a sign of things to come.  She already wants to go to school tomorrow...but she will have to wait until Thursday.







I loved school as a kid.  I loved my teachers and learning new things and meeting new friends.  I hope my children will find the joy in it as well. 


More pics to come...my computer/internet is once again uploading super slow.  (Probably why I haven't kept up on blogging!)

No comments:

Post a Comment