Cherry

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I feel the Earth move...under my feet...

"10 more minutes until naptime," I said to Brynley this afternoon at 1:50.

"Thunder!!" she said in return as we heard a low rumbling, but the sky was filled with sunshine.

Then the whole house started to shake. A few thoughts ran through my head at once...a truck crashing, a plane, an earthquake. Roman slept through the whole thing. Bryn and I ran around the house looking out windows and chanting, "Earthquake, earthquake!". (B also called it a volcano...haha). It woke Rob up from a dead sleep as well.

My mother-in-law called and said she had felt it too...that is when I knew it was real! Brynley & Roman experienced their very first earthquake today. In Virginia. Crazy!! The news is saying it was a 5.9 on the Richter scale and based out of Mineral, VA (about 80 miles from where we live).


No comments:

Post a Comment