Cherry

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Potty time

On November 5th, my Aunt Sue & Uncle Bill were down from upstate New York for a brief visit. That night we made a huge feast for dinner and sat around our big farmhouse table enjoying their company. After dinner, Brynley started to follow Aunt Sue into the bathroom while holding her diaper and pointing to her potty so my Aunt calls out to me that she thinks B needs to use the potty. Not quite believing her, I explain that B has never used the potty yet...we haven't even been trying.

To humor ourselves, we took B's diaper off (which was dirty!) and let her sit on the potty. I took some photos, thinking all along that this wasn't really going to be the first time she used the potty. I mean, she initiated it herself! After about 5 minutes, she stood up and ran to me screaming in delight...and, sure enough, there was a potty full of pee! We all cheered as if she had just won a gold medal in the Olympics.




As I'm writing this on 12/28, Brynley has only used the potty two other times, but we also haven't been pushing the issue too much, although I know we should. She's interested...and it's time. I'd love to have her potty trained by May (fingers crossed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment