Cherry

Friday, October 29, 2010

New York

The deMariano family made our annual trip to upstate New York at the end of September. My aunt, uncle, grandmother, and many cousins live there and it is always wonderful to spend time with all of them.

On this trip, Brynley got to sit facing forward for the very first time. (Yes, she had just passed the 20-lb minimum!) At first, she giggled and squealed with delight, then she settled herself in for the long car ride.
Being on vacation also means a lot of extra time to play with Daddy and, being quite the Daddy's girl, Brynley took advantage of every second of it!


Two of my cousins had babies this year: Jovan was born in May and Bailey in July. Brynley didn't get too jealous when I snuggled the new babies, but she did insist on climbing on my lap so I could hold her & Jovan at the same time. We got a few cute pics of the cousins altogether.
Bailey, Brynley, Jovan

And even though I threatened to, I didn't run off with anybody else's baby.


Jovan actually told me to bring him to Virginia, but then I saw his mommy holding Bryn (in the pic below) and I was afraid that if I took him, I'd never see B again. :)



Brynley took to my Uncle Bill like a duck to water which is suprising only because the only man she'll go to is Rob...and sometimes Grandpa deMariano.

I think Uncle Bill was smuggling Brynley candy and cookies. (But that's just my theory)
Brynley loved the big baseball field behind my aunt & uncle's house and we had to walk around it several times a day.



My grandmother got quite a kick out of B as well. Every morning when Brynley woke up, she went to Grandma's door to check on her. One day I went into Grandma's room and saw her sitting in her chair with a pile of shoes in her lap. It turns out that Brynley was handing her all her shoes and Grandma couldn't figure out why. It was clear to me though - Brynley always hands Rob & I our shoes and says "Shoes! Side!" which means, "Hey fool...put your shoes on. I want to go outside again now!"
There are several other stories to tell of our time in New York and I didn't get nearly enough photos. It was a fun trip and we can't wait to see everyone again next year!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time and I'm sure Brynley loved all of the attention! Lauren is 8 months old today and she is already over 20 lbs! Yes, my back always hurts...haha :)

    ReplyDelete